The Feltonfleet Four Core Values
At Feltonfleet our core values of honesty, responsibility, respect and kindness are the things we believe in, that help us to make decisions about how to behave. They are the principles that guide our personal lives and interactions within our community.
The school places a high emphasis on the rewards system as an explicit means of acknowledging and affirming good behaviour. We believe that this will develop an ethos of kindness and cooperation, essential for community life to flourish. This policy is designed to promote good behaviour, rather than merely deter anti-social behaviour and is intrinsic to our Values Education.
Our four core values are:
- Honest about what they say and do
- Honest with themselves and in their relationships with each other
- Honest about their learning behaviour and performance
- Responsible for their own actions and those which affect others
- Responsible for their own learning and the learning environment
- Responsible for looking after their own belongings and those that belong to other people
- Respect themselves, each other and the learning environment
- Respect the right of others to hold different or opposing beliefs and views
- Respect, understand and celebrate that we are all different
- Kind to themselves, take time to be mindful
- Kind to others, develop selfless consideration
- Kindness through random, unprompted acts