The Feltonfleet Way & Core Values
The Feltonfleet Way is the Pupils' Code of Conduct designed to promote positive choices based on happiness, honesty, respect and personal responsibility. We place great emphasis on affirming good behaviour and pay rigorous attention to rewarding positive living.
The Feltonfleet Way believes we should:
- Treat others as you wish to be treated.
- Forgive and forget.
- Listen carefully.
- Be honest and truthful.
- Be kind and helpful.
- Be the best you can.
The school places a high emphasis on the rewards system as an explicit means of acknowledging and affirming good behaviour. We believe that this will develop an ethos of kindness and cooperation, essential for community life to flourish. This policy is designed to promote good behaviour, rather than merely deter anti-social behaviour.
Our four core values are:
- Honest about what they say and do
- Honest with themselves and in their relationships with each other
- Honest about their learning behaviour and performance
- Responsible for their own actions and those which affect others
- Responsible for their own learning and the learning environment
- Responsible for looking after their own belongings and those that belong to other people
- Respect themselves, each other and the learning environment
- Respect the right of others to hold different or opposing beliefs and views
- Respect, understand and celebrate that we are all different
- Kind to themselves, take time to be mindful
- Kind to others, develop selfless consideration
- Kindness through random, unprompted acts